1.14.2010

THE 9 VERMONT LEGISLATURE CANIDATES (mostly Libs) ARE USING THE "S" WORD

No not these two!

SHELBURNE, Vt. (AP) -- Peter Garritano thinks it's time for Vermont to call it quits with America.

The way the 54-year-old automobile salesman sees it, the "empire" is about to implode and tiny Vermont can lead the way by becoming its own independent republic. So he's running for lieutenant governor, topping a slate of secession-minded candidates seeking statewide offices this year.

Their name: Vermont Independence Day.

"The only hope is to just say, 'Look, this isn't working for us. We want to start fresh again, with a real democracy,'" Garritano said. "I think that's the answer. Hopefully, it won't take another horrible economic breakdown to realize that the people running things don't look out for the little guy, or us, or the soldiers. It's all about profit and getting the last drops of oil on Earth and trampling people's rights."


And I back them 100%. It is their right. GO VERMONT!

4 comments:

The Griper said...

he grins, "seems like i heard somewhere that was tried once before, not too far in the past. seems like there is a new surge for state's rights again, huh?"

LandShark 5150 said...

Griper -- yep, there is a new surge and just like in the past, we will see if the Gubbermint will suppress those states by force. Thanks for the read and comment, I really hate to say it but me time spent on this blog will soon come to an end. I've grown tired of the consistant wave of non-directed new wave of patriotism. The tea-party is all fine and good, but without nullifacation and a complete revolution of government, they are pissing in the wind. Government is a living beast, it consumes everything and everyone in it's path. Any new patriot they send there will be corrupted within days. The beast has to be starved to death. And that means complete shutoff of its food supply -- taxes. You have to kill all branches, EPA,FDA,DOT,D of no kid gets an education, all of it. No more hand outs, no more give aways, none notta no more. Then and only then will we be truely free. And oh so many will weep. Anything else is Status Quo. Going back to pre 9/11 some would like, but to me, that will not be good enough.
I have rambled long enough, this weekend I will end this site with my extended version of this, and my good byes to those whom I have come to know in this world of the blogs.
Griper, I love your style and I believe you and I share the same thoughts. I wish we had run across one another sooner. Again THANK YOU for your visits to this blog and I will, from time to time ck in on yours to see you carry on the fight. sharky

The Griper said...

you're always welcome at my little home in cyberspace, my friend. will be sad to see you leave the fight tho.

sig94 said...

I am sad to hear that Landshark. We need everyone's voices.

We can only hope that something is brewing across the Nation that will indeed bring about meaningful change. We will see my friend, we will see.